Thursday, April 14, 2016

Transformations

I like to watch documentaries especially ones where one person goes through a life transformation. We all have not gone through them. Some of us think we have and others know we have.

I believe that everyone feels immortal in their life until they are awakened (usually abruptly). Some go through that transformation and make it to the other side and some never make it through. Either way you are not the same person.

When you go through a change, you need God to help bring you through it or you can get lost along the way. Getting lost can lead to depression, drinking, overeating and drug use. It may start off small but your addictions grow. You are not the same person you were before the incident.

There are a few things in life that can make you transform. These things are a death of a loved one, a sick child or loved one, or your own illness. When you are faced with this, you begin to see that you are a mortal and you will die…one day.

Understanding that death is inevitable, some people will began to make changes to help them with their health. This transformation begins and takes a lot of strength in which we need help. If you are a person who believes in God, this is the time one grows closer to Him.

Take me for example. I was sick and hurting. Was told I needed medicine for the rest of my life if I did not want to live in pain. I refused. This triggered me to go through a transformation I had never gone through because I was stuck. I drew my strength from the Lord and as I grew stronger from Him, I grew stronger in Him.

I think for many years I was the person who was lost in the transformation. I lost my nephew who was very dear to me. This started my downward struggle. I could not cope with his loss. He was like my own child. I did things that were typical of a person struggling with change, fear of death, and fear of God. This lasted for years. Then I lost my parents.

After their deaths, I was struggling worse and my health was starting to show it. I was sick and getting tired of the same ole routine with the doctors. I decided I needed God. I needed strength, wisdom and guidance.

He came when I asked Him to help me and has been by my side since. I draw all my strength from Him. He motivates me. He uses me to help others. He gives me a reason to get up every day and smile. I pray about every little thing because I need Him.

I look around at my friends and family on Facebook and I can tell the ones that have been transformed and healed through Jesus. I can see the ones who think they have been transformed but only put a band aid on their wounds. I can also see the ones that need to find their way through their transformation.


We all need guidance and I find my way in Jesus. If you feel like you need help with getting to know Him better, then step back from your addictions and reach out to Him. He will help you and get you through whatever you are going through. Just know that being strong in mind and body will help you with being strong in spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment